Friday, June 22, 2007
Spring and Summer Peterson Posse Activities
Summer is drawing near and families everywhere are preparing for their annual vacations. Here in the Peterson home we are booked solid with therapy sessions and assessment appointments as the county in their infinite wisdom attempts to pigeonhole the unique qualities of my children and determine appropriate preschool placement for them.
Needless to say, we will not be enjoying any lengthy stays away from home, but we will manage to squeeze in a day trip here and there. Disneyland is on the agenda, a family favorite for us, and the Peterson pool beckons daily. The months of April, May, June, July and August are PACKED with birthdays giving many opportunities to celebrate with friends and family!
APRIL 28: heralded the one-year birthday of Bella Francesca. We celebrated at home with a poolside bash that attracted over 45 friends and family members. Happy Birthday darling girl! (Do mama a favor and start sleeping through the night please!)
MAY 17: is set aside for our eldest son, Casey Andrew. This year he turned 16 and what a handsome young man he is becoming! At 6’1’’ (not including his impressive head of hair, which catapults him well past 6’ 3”) and his charming smile, he is sure to create a buzz when he starts his new job at Albertsons. He is also working towards getting his driver’s license. Casey finished driver’s education, received his learner’s permit and is now practicing his skills in his new car, a Honda “Fit”.
JUNE 6: Mama turned 28 again, nuff said. She and Daddy celebrated at Red Lobster on Wednesday while Gram Gram babysat the littles.
JUNE 10: stupendous Steven Christian celebrated his third birthday seaside while camping at Carpenteria. We were joined by all of the Baileys and Gram Gram, Steven looks forward to attending St. Stephens preschool in July, has conquered toilet training and is currently undergoing evaluation for his giftedness.
The remainder of the Peterson Posse birthdays are still to come and we look forward to them with great anticipation: Daddy is July 12, Sean will be 3 on August 14th and Ryan welcomes his 13thyear on August 24th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear family.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Happy Birthday to Me: What I Learned This Year
1) Dreams do come true
2) Little girls ARE made of sugar and spice and everything nice
3) My husband is a fantastic Daddy
4) Babies do grow up and move away
5) God prepares you for #4 long before it happens
6) There are a lot of things more important than a clean house
7) Visiting your granny boosts your spirits
8) Little boys love hunting for bugs
9) Just because you don’t say much doesn’t mean you have nothing to contribute
10) My Sean is as smart as they come
11) The sweetest place on a baby girl is the nape of her neck, right below her curls
12) Steve has more energy than any living thing on earth
13) Writing sets the soul free
14) Preteen boys are……unique
15) Watching a silly movie with your family makes the toughest day seem fantastic
16) Smiles from a toddler are priceless
17) Nothing is sweeter than a kiss unsolicited
18) Children are life’s greatest challenge and its dearest reward
19) Marriage isn’t easy, but its worth the effort
20) Being married to your best friend is the secret to a happy marriage
21) Dancing with a two year old is exhilarating
22) Nothing is cuter than a fat baby girl in a pink bathing suit
23) My mother is willing to put her life on hold to make mine a little easier
24) Ryan is a FANTASTIC big brother
25) Nobody messes with nap time….ever
26) Casey has an awesome head of hair
27) God never gives you more than you can handle
28) When you feel you can’t handle life…turn to God
29) Some lessons are harder to learn than others
30) My family is everything I ever dreamed of and more than I could have hoped for